|Tutoring - Student Policies and Procedures
Thank you for allowing us to help you meet your educational goals. In order to serve you more efficiently,we have established the following policies:
- The fee for tutoring in our office is $15.00 per hour per student. If a student is tutored three or more hours in one week running from Sunday to Saturday, the rate is reduced by $1.00 per hour. (There are no cumulative hours for two or more family members being tutored.) If a student requests tutoring outside of the office (i.e. in the home), the fee is $20.00 per hour.
- Students must come prepared for the tutoring session. Each student must bring his or her own book or materials. We have a bookshelf of materials available in the office to supplement the student's own materials. If the student is unprepared, the session will be considered finished for that day.
- Tutoring is done on a one-on-one basis with the tutor and the student. Parents are always welcome.
- Payments must be made prior to each session. Advanced payments are acceptable if you wish to pay weekly or monthly. We accept cash (correct change only), checks or money orders. Payments by check should be made payable to Cape Fear Tutoring, Inc.
- We request advance notice of any cancellations or changes. Please notify the tutor directly. The office cannot accept any schedule changes. You will be charged the regular hourly fee if you fail to show up for a tutoring session. Please be courteous and on time. Be sure to get the tutor's contact information in case you need to make a change or cancel a session.
- Students should not be dropped-off prior to their tutoring time. Tutors have other schedules and may be in a tutoring session or unavailable prior to your session.
- Students should be picked up promptly at the end of the scheduled session. Parents must come into the office to pick up their students. Students are allowed to leave only with a parent or guardian unless the tutor has written permission stating otherwise. The tutor will not leave your child unattended and should be paid for the time spent waiting with the student.